For those who want to know more about it:
Decentralized, encrypted, off-grid, and attack-resistant regional text-messaging using ESP32 microcontrollers and LoRa Radio.
I want to take the Facebook outage as an opportunity to advocate for decentralized instant messaging services & social media sites like XMPP,Matrix and the Fediverse, if one of those servers goes down it won't take down global communications. In theory I should also advocate for email because it operates exactly on that basis, but nowadays wayy too many people use gmail, so if google goes down, global email communications will probably come to a standstill as well.
Firefox has been successfully compiled on Linux/RISC-V
"I sent you an OMEMO encrypted message but your client doesn’t seem to support that."
We just published a new #Prosody module, mod_debug_omemo. It adds a unique link to the end of these messages. When opened, it will reveal OMEMO debug info that can help identify why the message couldn't be decrypted.
Thanks to @zash for some last-minute testing and fixes 🙂
⚠️ Synapse 1.41.1 is out, which fixes two moderate severity security issues. Homeserver admins: please upgrade.
Read more about this release on the Matrix blog https://matrix.org/blog/2021/08/31/synapse-1-41-1-released
* Reverse files when you open them. Some image viewers will then show them in the right order
* List all toots you have favorited with :favorited or :timeline favorited
View bug fixes and more on the release page
* Show the profile in notifications when someone follows you
* [U]ser and [A]vatar in notifications is now connected to the user who favorited or boosted your toot instead of your own account
* Content warnings doesn't disappear when new toots are loaded
* Keep the CW text when you reply to a toot with a CW
* Don't go back to the timeline when viewing links from notifications
Dendrite 0.5.0 is here! Encryption lovers rejoice — this release includes serverside E2EE key backups and early cross-signing support! 🔑 https://github.com/matrix-org/dendrite/releases/tag/v0.5.0
Hi! 👋 i'm Brodi!
I'm interested in:
- IT privacy and security
- open source software
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!